Sunday, July 10, 2011

We Made It and We're Celebrating Mobley Style

YAY!  By God's grace, I survived a week flying solo while David was away at a conference in Colorado. Before he left, I have to say I had several breakdowns internally.  Secretly, I hoped David would decide not to go after all or that he would (gulp) pay the enormous price to bring us all there with him.  He didn't.  I can now say, in Pollyanna fashion, I am glad, GLAD, glad about that!  It was an experience that took me out of my comfort zone and caused me to rely upon God more.  The verse going through my head all week was: "And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work" (2 Corinthians 9:8). 

We were so happy that God brought David back to us safely that we decided to celebrate Mobley style--with chocolate.  These chocolate waffles are super yum!  I modified the recipe from one I found at eatingwell.com, so that means they're good for you, right?  Well, these are definitely a special occasion breakfast for us, not standard fare.  Also, I made them the busy mom style, so I didn't take the time to beat the egg whites and fold them into the batter, but you can do that if you want:)

3/4 c whole wheat flour
3/4 c white flour
2/3 c cocoa powder
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1/2 c brown sugar
1/4 c white sugar
1 t instant coffee granules
2 eggs
2 c milk
1 T oil
2 t vanilla

Mix together dry ingredients (flour through coffee granules).

Mix together liquid ingredients (eggs through vanilla).

Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well.

Spray waffle iron with cooking spray and cook according to instructions.

1 comment: