Thursday, July 28, 2011

This Week's Frugal Failure

Guess what I stocked up on this week?  Rite Aid had cereal on sale for $1.88 a box, plus I had coupons which brought them down to 88 cents a box, so I bought 10 boxes! You detail people who are counting the boxes in the picture, you're right, there are only eight.  Just keep reading.  Ten boxes of cereal for under $10 after tax!  Awesome deal, don't ya think?  I thought so.  The kids were super-duper-excited because I had not bought cold cereal in a very, very, very long time (not since those Kellogg's Special K coupons in December or January). 

So, how could this possibly be a frugal failure, you ask?  In two days, David and Mooter-Tooter (a.k.a. Maggie) ate an entire box of Raisin Bran!  Yep, you read that right.  An entire box.  Two days.  My husband and a not yet three-year old!  (Mary chose to stick with raisinless Corn Flakes, so those lasted until this morning.)  Next time, I think I'll stick with our standard fare: good old fashioned oatmeal!  It only costs $1.99 for a container that feeds our family for at least two weeks (and it's probably better for us anyways).  Oh well, I guess it's good to throw some variety in the mix every once in a while!

Here she is, our Raisin Bran fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment