Thursday, July 7, 2011

Homeschool Resources We Love - Sing the Word CDs



Well, I was planning to write about pattern blocks, but as I was praying about it, the Lord just really laid the Sing the Word CDs on my heart.  I just cannot say enough about these CDs.  We LOVE them!  Pretty early on we observed that our first daughter, Mary, had an amazing ability to memorize things.  And isn't that true of all toddlers?  What you say comes right back out of their mouths!  We realized that we needed to make sure that she was hearing good things!  If she was going to memorize something, we wanted it to be God's word.  The psalmist says, "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you" (Psalm 119:11). 

My friend, Ellen, told me about these CDs about a year ago.  I am so glad she did!  These CDs are a great way to help your children memorize Scripture.  Each song is a portion of Scripture set to music.  You will be surprised how quickly your children will memorize the songs.  The CDs also come with the words for your reference.   Another bonus is that there are also instrumental versions of the songs, so that you can test how well you have learned the verses!

I choose one CD to focus on at a time.  Right now, we are learning Sing the Word A to Z.  While the girls are eating lunch, I play the CD.  That's it.  They learn Scripture while they are eating without me drilling them or anything. Not only is the content Scriptural, but we all just enjoy the music, too!  I hope your family will be as blessed by them as we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment