Monday, July 18, 2011

My Next Frugal Adventure--A Clothesline

Once I remember a mom of five telling me that she did a load of laundry every day.  At the time, I didn't have any children and I was horrified!  I couldn't imagine having that much laundry to do.  Well, guess what?  I am now that woman!   I don't even have five kids and I am that woman!  Having one big laundry day is inconceivable for me in this season of life, so I try to do one load per day (Monday through Thursday).  Since we use cloth diapers, I also have diapers to wash every day and half or so.  That's a lot of drier use!  I thought we could save some money and energy by having a clothesline.  I found this clothesline at Wal-Mart for $9.  It actually turned out to be free for us, since we had a gift card from trading in our American Express points!  Plus, to avoid paying for shipping, I had it shipped to the store.  My husband put it up for me yesterday.  Clearly, I am not hanging today's dark wash out on the line because of the thunderstorms.  I admit it was not exactly a brilliant idea to install a clothesline during hurricane season in New Orleans!

2 comments:

  1. Life is a circle. You grew up with clothes hanging on a line. Remember to keep a low line for the helpers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hanging my cloth diapers out to dry! The sun is so fabulous for getting out the blueberry stains Eli is producing these days! :)

    ReplyDelete