Saturday, July 2, 2011

Coffee Punch Recipe

Today's my mom's birthday.  Happy birthday, Mom!  Birthdays make me think of parties and parties make me think of...coffee punch!  This stuff is so bad for you, but it tastes so good!  Anytime there is a party or a shower, I offer to bring this and it's always a big hit.  I first got the recipe from a friend who made it for a MOPS meeting.  Super yummy!

2 oz. instant coffee (regular or decaf)

2 cups boiling water

2 cups sugar

1 T. vanilla

1 gallon whole milk

½ gallon vanilla ice cream

Bring water to a boil; turn off.

Add coffee granules; stir till dissolved.

Stir in sugar till dissolved.

Add vanilla, stir and let cool.

TO SERVE:

Pour 1 gallon of milk into punch bowl.

Add coffee concentrate.

Scoop ice cream on top.

Makes 1 punch bowl to serve 40.  Leftovers may be refrigerated, but I doubt you'll have any:)

1 comment:

  1. This sounds amazing Maura!!! I love to follow your blog, makes me think you guys are closer then you really are :)

    ReplyDelete