Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Picture Books We Love-If Jesus Came to My House




I first came across this book in the Before Five in a Row curriculum.  The New Orleans Public Library didn't have a copy, so I went ahead and bought a copy.  This is one book that I am really glad we own, so that we can read it over and over again.  It is about a boy who imagines that Jesus is his age and comes to his house to play.  He imagines giving him the best seat to sit in.  He imagines picking the best apples from the tree for him.  He imagines sharing his nicest toys with him and even letting him keep the best for himself.  The boy then realizes that, even though Jesus can't really come visit him in the way he imagined, he can please Jesus by treating others in the same special way that he imagined he would treat Jesus. I don't know of another book, besides the Bible, that better teaches Christian love and charity to children.

No comments:

Post a Comment