Friday, July 1, 2011

Homeschool Resources We Love - Mighty Mind Basic Edition

I thought it would be fun to share with everyone the homeschool resources that we enjoy at home.  Now, before I go on, read this disclaimer.  My oldest child just turned five in April, so I am not a seasoned homeschooler by any stretch of the imagination!  Do I have a degree in education?  No way!  Remember, I was going to be an executive with no children after all?  Even so, I LOVE teaching my children.  I LOVE talking about teaching my children.  More importantly,  I believe without a doubt that educating my children at home is what God wants ME to do.  So, with that huge disclaimer, this is the first of hopefully many posts on homeschooling resources.  Even if you are not planning to homeschool, you may enjoy some of the resources to supplement your child's education at home. 

Maggie loves playing with these while I am working with Mary on her math lesson.  It's a pretty basic set of plastic shapes in different sizes and colors.  It contains four large circles, four small circles, four large squares, four small squares, four large parallelograms, four small parallelograms, four triangles, two rectangles, and two semi-circles.  You can either just make your own objects with the shapes or complete one of the set of 30 accompanying cards.  The first card has the child use two red semi-circles to form a circle, but they increase in difficulty up to shapes like a rocket or a train.  Maggie really enjoys trying to put these "puzzles" together.  And the smile on her face when she completes one of the cards is priceless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment