Monday, February 20, 2012

Picture Books We Love: My Favorite Fairy Tales

Can I really call My Favorite Fairy Tales a picture book?  I'm not sure. It's actually more of an oversized board book, but it's one my girls love and it does have pictures. 

There are so many different fairy tales books out there.  We certainly have our fair share of them, but this is among our favorites.  What makes this book stand out is the play-along aspect.  Each two-page layout includes the fairy tale on one side and a felt play area on the other.  Children can use the accompanying felt pieces to act out the fairy tale while you are reading or afterwards or whenever.
There are six fairy tales included in this book: Goldilocks and the Three Bears, Jack and the Beanstalk, The Gingerbread Man, The Three Little Pigs, Little Red Riding Hood, and Rapunzel.   

I have to say there is one downside of this book and fairy tales generally speaking.  The other morning Maggie woke up very upset because she had a bad dream about a witch chasing her.  My husband looked at me with a quizzical look as if to say, "Where has she been learning about witches?"  Fairy tales!  Even so, this is a fun book among the most popular in our home!

No comments:

Post a Comment