Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Glitz and Glam

I am so not a jewelry person.  I own lots of jewelry, but it just sits in my jewelry box.  My girls, on the other hand, love glitz and glam.  Necklaces.  Bracelets.  Tiaras.  Rings.  Boas.  Wands.  Somehow, they have all found their way into our house.

Needless to say, Mary has been wanting to get her ears pierced for what seems like eons.  So, she's been saving up her money and eagerly waiting for today to come.  Today we headed out to Wal-Mart for the grand event.  Initially, Mary chose a beautiful pair of purple earrings with a matching necklace.   Unfortunately, they didn't have those on hand, so she settled for these rainbow colored balls.  Somehow the ear piercer figured out that she liked purple--could it be because she was wearing all purple--so he marked her ears with a purple marker.  He won big points with Mary for that.  I was prepared for tears and crying and, "Mom, why did you let me get my ears pierced?!"  But, my tough girl did not even wince during the ear-piercing process! 

Now, we're just trying to figure out how she can continue her judo lessons if she can't remove the earrings for the next six weeks!

2 comments:

  1. yay mary!!!!!!!!!!! Tell her i just got my ears pierced to, i take out my earings today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen many people with a string in their ears when they can't have the earings in. You can use dental floss threaded on a needle to go through the piercing hole. The two ends of thread are tied together.

    Mary is quite a little girl. I am proud of her for not crying. Way to go Mary. Ohhhh I can't wait to help add to her earing collection!!!

    ReplyDelete