Thursday, September 29, 2011

Our New Deli Meat Strategy

We normally eat peanut butter and honey sandwiches for lunch.  When we have guests, though, we like to splurge on deli meat.  This time, instead of buying the pre-sliced turkey either from the deli or in packages, I tried out a tip I read in America's Cheapest Family Gets You Right on the Money: Your Guide to Living Better, Spending Less, and Cashing in on Your Dreams.  I bought a little chub of turkey ham.  I brought it home and sliced it into thin slices using my food processor.  It was actually recommended that you take it to the deli counter to be sliced, but Save-A-Lot doesn't have a deli counter, so I had to enlist the help of my food processor.  It cost about $2 a pound this way and worked great for sandwiches for our lunches with Grandpa and Grandma Judy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment