Friday, September 9, 2011

How I Made $200!

As a stay-at-home mom, my rewards are not normally in the form of monetary gains. I get smiles.  I get hugs.  I get kisses.  The value of these things is inestimable!  Nonetheless, I was super-excited about making $200 for my family in about five minutes time!

I know for some of you credit cards may be taboo.  Not for us.  We use them.  We pay them off.  We only use them for expenses that are (1) budgeted or (2) non-budgeted, absolutely necessary, and affordable.  One of the big reasons that we use credit cards is for the cash back.  Recently, David applied for a Chase Freedom credit card because they offer 5% cash back in certain expenditure categories quarterly.  We figured we could potentially earn more cash back if the category rotation is different than the 5% offered by our Discover card.  When David applied, they offered us $100 after the first use of the card.  About a week later, we received an offer for $300 instead of $100,  At first our reaction was, "That's too bad.  Wish we had that crystal ball!"  But, then I thought it couldn't hurt to at least ask about it.  So, I called customer service and gave them the offer number.  Within two weeks, I received a letter that 20,000 points have been added to our account, which equates to $200!  It never hurts to ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment