Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Check Out Kindle Books From Your Local Library

WOW!  I just discovered that you can check out Kindle books from the library.  Thanks goes to my hubby for telling me about this!  Check out the Kindle collection at New Orleans Public Library here (go down and click the button the left).  There are currently 589 titles available.  I am going to admit upfront that I haven't tried to check one out yet and, frankly, I'm not real sure how it is that you return the book, but there are some FAQs here and here.  I am pretty excited about trying this out for a number of reasons.
  1. I love borrowing library books because they don't cost me anything.  
  2. My girls love to read books off my Kindle.  
  3. I love my Kindle because I can carry so many books with me without breaking my arms or my back.  
  4. I can save time and gas by not driving to the library to check out a library book.  
  5. I don't have to wait for the book that I request to make it to my local branch. 
  6. My kiddos cannot ruin the pages or covers of a Kindle book:)
Happy reading, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment