Friday, September 9, 2011

My Very First Rain Check

I have to say that shopping at Walgreen's is sometimes a completely unsatisfying experience, to be polite.  I get to the store and they don't have that one thing in the ad that was a super-amazing deal that I went there to buy.  Well, about two weeks ago, they had Purex laundry detergent on sale plus I had a coupon that made a great deal.  I couldn't make it shopping until Saturday, so of course they were all out of the Free and Clear kind.  I was kind of upset that they didn't have it, but at least they had the watercolors.

Then, I don't know what made me do it, but I did it.  I asked for a rain check.  It was really so simple.  The clerk at the cash register gave me a slip of paper that said the price and how many I wanted and some other details, I'm sure.  The following Saturday, I took that little slip of paper to a different Walgreen's and bought my Purex Free and Clear detergent at the sale price and used my coupon.

The downside is that I did have to go to Walgreen's twice.  That didn't really bother me, though, because there is one on about every corner.  Plus, I was stopping on my way home from the grocery store for the next amazing deal anyways!  Now, I know I don't have to leave Walgreen's frustrated and angry anymore.  I just have to ask for a rain check!

No comments:

Post a Comment