Saturday, December 17, 2011

Paper Plate Wreaths

This Fall, our church formed Life Groups, which are each focused on a particular ministry area.  Our Life Group ministers to the elderly and widows.  We gather on Sunday evenings to share prayer requests with one another, discuss the sermon, and plan how we can minister in our church and city.  Today we went to a local nursing home to sing Christmas carols and hand out some wreaths that we made at last week's meeting.  Inspired by the idea, the girls and I made these wreaths to give as Christmas gifts to the senior adults in our church.
These are just made of tissue paper.  Cut or tear the paper, scrunch it up and glue.
These are made of ribbon and lots of glue!  We also used glittery red felt for the berries and bow.


The commonality in this group is the foam leaf shapes.  For the top wreath, I painted the plate circle green, then attached some foam leaves with rubber cement.  Then, I added the berries with school glue.  For the bottom left wreath, I painted the paper plate circle green and attached the leaf shapes with double stick adhesive and added the berries with school glue.  Then, I cut around the leaf shapes.  For the bottom right wreath, I attached the leaves with double stick adhesive and glued tissue paper to cover up the exposed paper plate.  Then, I cut around the leaf shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment