Friday, December 30, 2011

12 Goals for 2012

I have never in my life been much of a goal-setter or goal-achiever for that matter.  Sadly, I've always been the type of person who just kind of let life happen.  Recently, I have been reading many of Dave Ramsey's books and have been encouraged to set goals and work hard to achieve them.  So, I decided to set 12 goals for 2012.  And, when I told my husband, he told me that would be too hard and I couldn't do it...So, I came up with a list of 12 goals for 2012 just to prove him wrong!

Now, I had a few requirements for the goals on my list.  First of all, I could not include things that I was planning to do anyways.  So, plan curriculum for next 2012-13 does not appear on my list although it is something I definitely plan on accomplishing in 2012.  Also, success needed to be quantifiable for each goal.  I could not include love God more.  How can I objectively quantify whether I loved God more in 2012?

And a drum roll, please!

1.  Craft a mission statement for the Mobley Homeschool.
2.  Make homemade bath salts and/or soap.
3.  Read a book to Matthew and Jonathan every day.
4.  Lose enough weight to fit into my non-maternity jeans.
5.  Teach Maggie to read.
6.  Read Romans: The Gospel Freedom by P.G. Mathew.
7.  Help Mary and Maggie finish memorizing the 25 Scripture passages from our Advent Jesse Tree devotions.
8.  Read The Valley of Vision by Arthur Bennett.
9.  Guide Mary in her first big savings goal: getting her ears pierced.
10.  Teach Mary and Maggie to sign the alphabet.
11.  Plan some meaningful Easter activities to teach the children about Jesus' death and resurrection.  (I'll welcome any suggestions any of you have!)
12.  Put all of David's summer salary (after tithing 10%) towards paying down the principal on our house.

2 comments:

  1. I have been trying to memorize one of the poems from The Valley of Vision by Arthur Bennett. Actually, it's the one titled: "The Valley of Vision". I am curious as to what you think of the book after you read it. (Btw, I haven't read the book, only the one poem.)

    Tina

    ReplyDelete