Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Visit with Grandma Nancy

My mom, a.k.a. Grandma Nancy, came to visit us for Thanksgiving! I had a vacation of sorts: I got in touch with my crafty side, went shopping all by myself and even went on a coffee date with David (and Matthew)! All the kids had a lot of fun playing with Grandma Nancy. Here are a few pictures from the visit:
Here we are at our Thanksgiving meal, which I couldn't have pulled off without Grandma Nancy's help!

Mary and Maggie ran the Turkey Day Race on Thanksgiving!

This is a picture of my freezer--Grandma Nancy brought me six 24 oz. bags of chocolate chips!  She also brought us hot chocolate, candy bars, and tootsie rolls.  Those didn't make it to the freezer!



This is a picture of Grandma Nancy playing Blue's Clues with the girls.  I think they played this game at least 20 times while she was here!

Matthew went on a sleeping strike, no pun intended!

This is a picture of Grandma Nancy playing doctor with Maggie and Abraham.  She even brought a real stethoscope for the job!

And of course there was a lot of soccer involved!

Grandma Nancy did lots of shopping for us!  She bought the girls new slippers and filled up everyone's drawers with some great thrift store finds!  Actually, some is really a huge understatement.  I am so thankful for all her shopping because I can't seem to find the time for it these days.

And, of course, no visit is complete without a trip to Morning Call for cafe au lait and beignets:)

1 comment:

  1. Grandma Nancy had a blast playing Princess, Soccer, Blues Clues, Doll House, Simon Says, pushing Maggie on her trike and the swings, watching Mary run the Turkey Day race and ride her two wheel bike. Grandkids are the best!

    ReplyDelete