Monday, November 14, 2011

Short Haircuts for the Girls

After we got married, David wanted me to cut his hair.  Terrified does not even fully describe how I felt about this.  I went along with him and watched him get a hair cut, so that I could learn how to do it myself...ummm multiple times.  He even bought me clippers, but I was too afraid to use them.  When I couldn't avoid it any longer, I did it.  I actually cut his hair.  And the results were not very good.  I think I cut his sideburns completely off.  Over time, through trial and error, I've improved maybe a little bit.  Maybe I've just grown wiser--I let him do his sideburns now:)  This saves us a ton of money each year--I figure about $180.

Enter two little girls into the equation.  Every time I cut Daddy's hair, they want theirs cut, too.  I avoided cutting the girls' hair for a long time.  I told them I really like long hair on little girls.  You can do so much with long hair: braids, ponies, etc.  The truth is I was again more than terrified.  Well, last year, Mary took the scissors to her hair, so I was forced into the realm of girls' haircuts.  It actually turned out really cute, despite my trepidation.

A few weeks ago, I went and had my hair chopped again.  It had been EIGHT months since I had it cut.  (Ordinarily, haircuts are not particularly memorable for me, but this one had been on my day of grace before the boys were evicted.  Unforgettable!)  At last, the girls wore me down begging and pleading for haircuts, too.  I think they turned out pretty cute this time.  And, you know, what I've realized about kids and haircuts?  Kids are cute no matter how much you screw up their hair:)


3 comments:

  1. The girls are so cute. I am looking forward to my haircut on our next visit so I will look as cute as they do. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like their haircuts. They look so happy and cute. Great job, Maura.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha, ha, Dad! I'll give you a trim anytime!

    ReplyDelete