Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Picture Books We Love: A Wing and a Prayer

After I posted about filling shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child, my wonderful friend Michele loaned me A Wing and a Prayer by Franklin Graham.  This is a wonderful book to read to children to help them understand how God can use them to impact the life of another child.  This story is so touching that it brought tears to my eyes!  In this story, a recently orphaned boy residing in a poor village receives a shoebox filled with gifts packed by a boy in the United States.  His village comes under attack, but the missionaries are able to relocate the children to a safe village.  Not only does Raimundo find salvation in Jesus Christ, but he is also adopted by the missionaries who brought Christmas to his village!

Thanks, Michele!

2 comments:

  1. You are welcome. I really like it too.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laast year I started placing a Christmas card with my name and address in each shoebox that I made. Just recently I received a letter and picture from a boy in the Congo who received a shoebox from me. I cannot describe how thrilled I was to hear from this boy. His father is a Mennonite minister in the small village where he lives.

    ReplyDelete