Monday, August 8, 2011

The Clothesline Update



I know you have all been wondering how our clothesline adventure is going ever since I wrote about my brilliant idea to put up a clothesline during hurricane season.  Well, I am happy to officially declare it a success!  Twenty feet of line sounds like an awful lot until you try to hang your clothes on it, so I actually ordered a second line.  We (meaning my husband) had to criss-cross the lines rather than run them parallel because of our backyard configuration.  Even if it looks a bit non-traditional, the clothes still get dry.  Last week, we actually had excessive heat warnings every day, so I was able to dry every single load of laundry on the clothesline!  Yippee!  I did err on one point, though.  I failed to make the lines low enough for the girls to reach.  Does Miracle Grow work on kids?  Fellow cloth diaperers, I am pleased to report that the sun has an amazingly wonderful effect on my cloth diapers.  My previously stained used since 2006 cloth diapers look like I just bought them!  They are bright white!  I am sure there is a science lesson in there somewhere...I can't wait to see the savings on our Entergy bill, although I guess last week's savings were probably eaten up by air conditioner use, since it was so hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment