Monday, August 15, 2011

A Puzzle Tip

Recently, Maggie has been quite the puzzler.  She has moved on from the wooden puzzles to jigsaw puzzles!  I have been enjoying watching her figure out how the pieces fit together in the different puzzles that we own.  The reality in our home right now is that often when she wants help, I am occupied with one of the boys and can't come right away.  While waiting for me, she figures it out on her own.

All this "playing puzzles" brought to mind a tip that a friend shared with me years ago, which I have found really helpful.  To make sure the right puzzle pieces get returned to the right box, label the back of the puzzle pieces and the box or in this case the backing with the same label.  This has really come in handy when we have clean up to do after playdates with friends.  That's usually when we have multiple puzzle boxes/backings and lots of pieces scattered on the floor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment