Friday, August 12, 2011

Bowling for Spaghetti Sauce!

Last week we stocked up on Splenda.  This week we stocked up on spaghetti sauce.  Lakeview Grocery, a local grocery store, sells these jars of spaghetti sauce which are really tasty.  Not only that, but they are free of high fructose corn syrup.  They were on sale for 5 for $5, which is a stock-up price for natural spaghetti sauce in the land of no double coupons.  We use this on pasta, in lasagna and even as the sauce for homemade pizza.  Your eyes are not deceiving you.  I bought ten jars!

I know, I know, you are wondering since I enjoy cooking so much, why I don't make my own sauce.  Well, occasionally I do, but mine just never comes out tasting very good. Plus, it's a whole lot cheaper to watch for sales
and stock up when the jars go on sale for $1 or less.

The girls were very distraught I didn't take them with me because they LOVE Lakeview Grocery.  Not only does Lakeview Grocery have kiddie shopping carts, but they also have ice cream.  You feed the pig a quarter for an itty-bitty cone of soft serve.   Since they were so disappointed, I let them each have a go at bowling.  OK, you know me, I was sitting right behind the jars, so there was no way any of them were gonna break!  We still have all ten jars in tact and can you guess what's for dinner tomorrow night?

No comments:

Post a Comment