Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Moment to Treasure

What do you notice about this picture?  NO LEGOS ON THE FLOOR.  I know what you're thinking: "What's so great about that?"  Well, listen to the story behind the picture.  Today, I was busy doing something back in my bedroom, and Mary came and told me she had a surprise for me.  What a surprise!  She cleaned up the legos not because I told her to but because she truly wanted to make me happy!  And it did!  Sometimes it seems like my children aren't going the way I would like them to.  Then, there was this moment today, when my little girl did what I would want her to do before I even asked her to!  She did the right thing all on her own!  It was a tiny glimmer of hope!  It was truly a moment to treasure! 

1 comment:

  1. That IS a blessing! :-) It's the moments like these that make parenting a joy. Keep up the good work, and it will pay off! :-)

    ReplyDelete