Friday, June 24, 2011

I've Entered the Blogosphere!

I have been thinking about starting a blog for a LONG time.  And, now, here I am, with my husband's technical assistance.  Bear with me...I am soooo not a techie person at all.  In fact, I still do not know how to load pictures from our camera onto my computer, but here we go anyways.   

Sometime when I was in high school, I told my mom that I was NOT going to have any children, EVER!  Yep, that's right.  I had big plans to become a big corporate executive.  I pictured myself wearing a suit every day to work carrying my briefcase and working really long hours.  But, God intervened.  He saved me and began preparing me for my spouse.  He changed my heart and my desires.  Here I am xx years later (really, you don't want to know how old I am, do you??).  I do NOT own a suit.  I carry a diaper bag not a briefcase.  I'm having a good day if I venture out with my teeth brushed and no spit up stains on my clothes.

About my spouse, what I have to say is God definitely has a sense of humor.  Could our backgrounds really be more different?  I don't think so.  I ate pop-tarts and string cheese, while he ate whole wheat bread and soybeans.  I read every single one of the Sweet Valley High books while he read Sherlock Holmes.  I watched the Fonz, while he watched the Cosmos.  For summer vacation, I went to the beach and he went backpacking in the mountains.   

God has a sense of humor and so do we.  Come back and read more about our crazy life!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Maura!!! It will be so much fun to see what you guys are up to on here! I'm glad you started a blog. ;-) I'll add you to our favorites on our blog! :-) Hope you all are doing well!

    Love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. And don't forget to post LOTS of pictures of the kiddos! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sarah! What's your blog? I didn't know you had one! I am totally missing out!

    ReplyDelete