Friday, April 3, 2020

Unpopular & Popular Things

I've been kind of getting a little depressed with all of the news lately, so I gotta lighten things up today. I've seen these lists float around Facebook, so I'm gonna give it a go.

10 Unpopular Things I Love

  1. Washing Dishes--For some inexplicable reason, this is my favorite chore. I guess that's a good thing because we make loads of dirty dishes. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner x8 plus many snacks.
  2. Mowing the Lawn--For those who have been to my house, you may have noticed that we have no grass. This saddens me, but I know my native plants are saving water.
  3. Documentaries--When I have free time, I love, love, love watching documentaries. From mountain climbing to barista competitions to the Spanish flu, I find documentaries fascinating.
  4. Running--OK, this one is a gamble because running could be considered popular or unpopular depending on the company you keep. It seems to me that it's more often unpopular, so it's on the list. I LOVE running on trails, especially in our local preserve area.
  5. Spreadsheets--I guess some people consider this bean counting or tedious, the equivalent of watching paint dry. Well, not me. You need a spreadsheet, I'm your gal.
  6. Editing--Sometimes I wonder if enjoying editing is sinful, like does enjoying correcting other's mistakes in writing stem from the same root as pointing out faults in others. 
  7. Organizing--My family loves and hates this one. Sometimes, they thank me for finding new ways to organize things in the home; other times they complain that they can't find anything anymore.
  8. Staying Home--I'm an introvert at heart, so venturing out is the struggle.
  9. Frosting--These days many are trying to cut back their sugar intake, myself included. Still, you keep the cake; I'll take the frosting.
  10. Jesus & the Gospel--I am so thankful to call Jesus my Savior AND my Lord. I made a commitment to follow Him many years ago. I have not walked perfectly, but I DO love Him and seek to live a life to bring glory and honor to Him. He alone is worthy of all the praise, honor, and glory!
10 Popular Things I Can Do Without
(No explanation on these because it's obvious, at least to me.)
  1. Matcha
  2. Coconut
  3. Malls
  4. Santa
  5. Electric Scooters
  6. Gaming Systems
  7. Travel
  8. Electronic Toys
  9. The Beach
  10. Video Baby Monitor

No comments:

Post a Comment