Friday, July 12, 2013

The Things I'll Do To My Kids For Free Food

Today is Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-Fil-A. That means free food for anyone wearing a cow costume. I am so not going to dress up like a cow, but I'll make my kids do it! Ha, ha! It was actually pretty easy.  There is a cow costume printable available on the website, so I just printed four copies, cut out the pieces, and pinned them on to white shirts. The ears were a little tricky. For the girls, I taped them on hairbands; for the boys, I pinned them to their firetruck hats. I wasn't sure if my do-as-little-as-possible-for-free-food strategy would really work, but I figured it was worth a go. We just barely passed the screening!  The kids all enjoyed grilled chicken nuggets, waffle fries, and chocolate milk...until...THE COW. I don't know what it was, the size, the surprise, but Matthew and Jonathan were terrified of the cow, so terrified that they let out blood curdling screams whenever they saw him! I really did not anticipate that reaction! Poor guys. I tried to calm them down, but they were so inconsolable.  They refused to eat and everyone in the restaurant was staring at us, so we exited quickly, well, as quickly as a mom with five children can possibly exit. The boys ate the rest of their meal in the car safe from THE COW.



No comments:

Post a Comment