Friday, July 5, 2013

Our Family Staycation:Frogg's Bounce House

We haven't taken a family vacation for a long time. I think the last time was when Maggie was a baby, and she is almost five! For a number of reasons, we really didn't want to GO on a vacation, though. It's expensive. It's difficult traveling in the car with a baby who has strong disdain for his carseat. It's difficult getting kids to sleep in unfamiliar environments. And let's not even talk about food. Plus, there are so many great things to see and do here in Orange County, which are all new to us. Often, I hear friends talk about taking their kids to places that, frankly, I will just not brave solo with my five. So, this was a great opportunity to check out some of those places with Daddy around to help corral the troops!

Our first adventure was to Frogg's Bounce House. Honestly, this was the activity that I was least excited about. It's not really the type of entertainment that I really want my kids to be super into.  I'd much rather them be outside doing something: riding bikes, playing at the park, or discovering the local wildlife.  But, for a special treat, we thought we'd go ahead and check out Frogg's. We arrived before the doors even opened. In the beginning, it was pretty quiet, but, by the end, the place was really hopping (ha, ha)! As you might guess, there were lots of bounce houses and slides, but what surprised me was that there were also lots of other toys, like balls, air hockey, ride-on toys, legos, books, and playhouses. The kids had a great time and burned off a lot of energy as you can tell from the blurry pictures!
Jonathan's ready for the big day with our lunch in hand!
Jonathan seems to always be where the food is:)
Mary shows no fear!
Matthew looks really serious here, but he did have a great time playing with this ball!
Mary fell in love with air hockey.  I don't know where she gets this competitive spirit!
Maggie had a blast hopping inside the big birthday cake!

2 comments:

  1. Certainly looks like the kids had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like a fun day. I look forward to fun with everyone when we visit but I am especially thinking of some air hockey time with the adults and Mary.

    ReplyDelete