Saturday, July 6, 2013

Our Family Staycation: The Long Beach Aquarium

Our second adventure during our staycation was to the Long Beach Aquarium. This year we studied aquatic creatures in science, so I was really excited about going to the aquarium and reviewing what we learned. The admission is expensive, but my friend and awesome deal-finder, Esther, found some coupons that saved us $30 off the admission price! She came along with her two boys. Another friend also came along with her three boys. The kids all had a great time looking at different water life and playing on the playground outside. (Truthfully, I think they were more interested in playing than in the fish!) As for reviewing what we learned, well, I was a little disappointed in how that went. On the drive home, though, David said he was really impressed with how much the girls were able to tell him about the fish, so I guess the review did happen, just not in the way I imagined:) SUCCESS!
Mary and Maggie were mesmerized by the fish!
We got to listen to this diver talk to us from inside the tank.
Look at Mary being really brave and petting sharks.
Some friends came along for fun!
Pretty fish!
We found Nemo!
Another picture with our friends, Corben, Hezy and CJ.
"V" is for Victory!  I did this pose for my Asian friends:)
Mary is riding the big fish on an outdoor playground.
It was a lot of fun to watch the sea lions play.
Matthew and Jonathan were really interested in the pigeons outside!
They were also really into this big school of fish!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like everyone had a really great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a favorite aunt and uncle in Long Beach.

    ReplyDelete