Sunday, May 27, 2012

Thunderstorms

I will certainly miss the amazing thunderstorms we have witnessed here in Louisiana!  I expect they will be few and far between in Irvine.  I also expect if we do encounter any they will pale in comparison. 

One time it rained so hard in a short amount of time that the water simply could not be pumped out fast enough.  Our street flooded and the water came halfway up our lawn.  Talk about excitement!

Another time I was at a block party hosted by a local church.  The girls had played many of the carnival games outside including jumping in the bouncy castle.  While we were inside eating and playing the indoor activities, a funnel cloud formed very close by.  It lifted the bouncy castle into the air, swept it down the block and then back again!  Fortunately, no one was inside the bouncy castle at the time:) 

I think the reason that I enjoy thunderstorms is that they are to me an awesome display of God's power. I am sure we will see God's power in other ways in Irvine.  After all, we will be very close to the ocean, also an awesome display of God's power.  Nonetheless, we will definitely miss loud crashes of thunder, bright streaks of lightning across the sky and torrential downpours! 

By the way, these pictures are of Mary and Maggie playing in the rain the other day.  I had to chuckle at Maggie.  She does not like getting wet at all!  One drop of water on her clothes and she wants to change.  Yet, here she is playing in the rain, soaking wet and so happy about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment