Friday, October 5, 2012

Orange County Great Park

Today, I met a friend and her four kids at Orange County Great Park for a fun outing!  (Oddly enough, we met at the doctor's office.  I saw her daughter reading The Story of the World Volume 1 and we got to talking.  They are also Christians and have four children, two girls and two boys, just like us!)  Orange County Great Park was formerly a marine base and is being made into, you guessed it, a Great Big Park.  Among the highlights that our children enjoyed today were the carousel, the Great Park balloon and a big playground with automatic misters.  The kids were happy and mom was happy, too, because everything was FREE!  We plan to return sometime in the future, but I will bring David along.  My arms are really tired after lugging the boys around on and off of the carousel and the balloon!

My pictures aren't that great, but they're okay considering I had one boy in the bjorn and one in my arms while clicking away. 
Mary's second ride on the carousel!

 Maggie's second ride on the carousel!

We went up high in this big orange balloon!  I would have taken some pictures of the views, but I couldn't quite manage it while holding two toddlers!

The kids enjoyed playing on this wacky bike rack!

1 comment:

  1. The Great Park looks like a Great Fun place for kids and Moms and Dads.

    ReplyDelete