Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Mobley Facelift Part 9

While David was away in San Diego, I reorganized the garage. We had moved a bookshelf from upstairs and the hutch from the desk into the garage, which really helped. By the way, some men probably feel territorial about their garage space and don't want others to mess with their "organization." I'll admit I feel that way about my kitchen. My husband does not feel that way about the garage, so I surprised him with the reorganization when he came back from a trip to San Diego. Here are the results:
We had scrap wood in many places, so I put a big bin in the garage for the miscellaneous pieces and stacked the others according to size.  The girls love playing with the wood, though, so it didn't stay neat for long!  I moved the bike trailer from the center of the garage up against the wall and stacked some other things.  More room...ahhh.

The hutch and bookshelf made nice parking places for the bikes and scooters.  It almost even looks like someone could park a compact car in here!

Most of the reorganization happened over here on the tall shelves.

A few bins and some metal stackers.  Now, even I can find things!

The bookshelf was the perfect size for gardening and auto supplies and a few other miscellaneous items.
This is just a picture of my reorganized laundry room.  Is it weird that I have two filing cabinets in my laundry room???

This is a picture of the kids bathroom.  It's pretty small, although it is a full bath, so it was hard to get a good picture.  I didn't really change much in here, but I did reorganize the closet, where I keep my stock-up purchases!


1 comment:

  1. Maura, Anytime I feel like I need some exercise, I look at your blog on the house make-over. I feel like I get a good workout just looking at all you have done and its not like you have nothing else to do. However, I would recommend you get some sleep from time to time. I have enjoyed viewing all the changes. It all looks very nice and I am sure that it will pay off for you. Dad

    ReplyDelete