Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Mobley Facelift Part 7

Moving on to the girls' room...I didn't really have to change too much, but I did remove the clutter from the tops of the dressers and add a few accents.
We found the furniture for the girls' room on Craig's List last year and bought it for them for Christmas with the gift money from relatives.  Mary sleeps on top and Maggie sleeps on bottom and sometimes they snuggle together on Maggie's bed.  Our avid reader, Mary, asked for a shelf for her books, so we relocated the shelf from the front room to above her bed.  I also moved the chest that my grandfather made for me when I was a little girl from upstairs to keep their balls and other miscellaneous toys that didn't have a home.
This is the wall to the right of the doorway and opposite the beds.  One of Maggie's drawer slides is broken and awaiting repair.  The small set of drawers is for all the doll clothes and accessories.  We keep the point sheet on the bulletin board along with a pencil.  I enlarged and framed each child's birth announcement and put it in a frame, purple for Mary and pink for Maggie, on the corner shelves.

I couldn't get a good picture of the wall with the closets, but there are two closets and each girl has a flowery sign above her closet.  This, obviously, is Mary's sign.
This is Maggie's sign.

This is the view between the closets.  I spotted this cute wall decoration at Target recently and thought it would go nicely with the flower theme.

This is a close-up of the decorations to the right of the window by the bunkbed.  The ABC cross stitch used to be above the pegs, but I moved that to the boys' room, so I hung up this cute flowery dress that each of the girls wore when they were teeny.

I placed the dollhouse on this shoe shelf to keep the pieces off the floor.  I am so glad Aunt Alicia sent us this dollhouse when her girls outgrew it.  Mary and Maggie love playing with it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment