Monday, April 2, 2012

The Mobley Facelift Part 6

Would you believe I had zero decorations up in the boys' room until a few weeks ago? Honestly, I would just rather read to my kids than decorate their rooms, but I will admit the naked walls were kind of getting to me.

My mom had given me boxes and boxes of craft supplies, which included two matching shelves and two matching shelves with the pegs to hang things from. Perfect for twins.  I sanded them and stained them but couldn't figure out where to put them or what was going to go on them. They sat in the closet for, well, a LONGGGGG time. When I got the decorating itch, I had a sudden revelation that I could move the ABC cross stitch from the girls' room and put one shelf on either side with a blue stuffed animal on each. It turned out pretty cute, but I did have to use thumbtacs to get the animals to stay put.

Once we had the shelves with pegs up, I was at a loss of what to put on top of them. I wanted to put Matthew on one and Jonathan on another, but I didn't have anything that said Matthew or Jonathan.  So, until I come up with a plan for the name decorations, I put letter blocks with their first and middle initials.  (We didn't have enough M blocks for first, middle and last!)  And, by the way, the toy box is mine from when I was a tike. 

Sorry about the light.  I'm clearly still working on my photography skills.  This is the view as you enter their room from the door closest to the front of the house.
This is the view as you enter their room from the door closest to the back of the house.

This is the wall opposite the window where all the diaper changes happen.  Grandma Judy brought a pillow pet for each of the boys.  It was the perfect thing for on top of the diaper shelf.

Just a close-up of the cute stuffed animals and the cross stitch.  I had grand plans of making a cross stitch for each of the kids.  I've only completed one so far.  Maybe I'll complete the others before they leave home:)
Just a close up of the shelves with pegs.

1 comment: