Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Mobley Facelift Part 8

And now for a trip up the stairs where the most amazing transformation has taken place! First stop is the landing, the new home of the little Legos. That's the only spot I could think to put them to allow the girls to play with them and prevent the boys from choking on them!
When we moved to New Orleans, David said he wanted to pick up some Legos from his parents' house.  Well, some Legos translates into a LOT of Legos.  He had three completed sets, which he tore apart and put into bins.  They sat in Mary's closet for a long time and now she really enjoys playing with them.  The only time I would let her, though, was when the boys were sleeping.  But, she also made a lot of noise shuffling through the bins looking for a particular piece, so I bought this organizer for them.  I wasn't sure how well this was going to go over, but Mary got really into organizing them and is delighted that she can find the pieces more easily.  The first night of organizing I set out just to organize the gray pieces, but David thought it was so much fun that we moved on to black also!

This is just a picture of one of the small drawers so nicely organized.

This is what was previously a guest room transformed into a school/playroom!  Would you believe most of this stuff was downstairs in our living area???  This is the view as you enter the room.  The next few shots will just pan the room, then I'll show some close-ups.

Mary sits at this desk and loves having her own space.  Maggie and I sit at the table to do all sorts of things, like read and color and cut and glue.  It may be hard to see in this picture, but years ago my aunt gave me a basket to hold jelly jars.  It has four compartments.  It is the perfect organizer for our markers.  Skinny markers go in one compartment, fat markers in another, smelly markers in another and pipsqueaks in another.

This is the view of the front of the classroom.  I honestly don't use the white board that much, but the girls really enjoy drawing on it!

This is just a view to the left as you enter the room.  I used to keep the dresser drawers empty for guests, but they are now filled with card games, puzzles, math manipulatives, and musical instruments.
I discovered this dress when I was unloading things from my chest to move it to the girls' room.  My grandfather brought this back from Europe for me.  I never thought of actually hanging it on the wall before, but I think it looks cute.

Nana and Papa gave the girls this puppet theater for Christmas.  Before it sat on the floor and was awkward for the girls to use.  I found this cube shelf at Home Depot to set it on and sewed the white curtain in a flash, after a challenge from my dear husband who said it would take me hours.  The cubes are great for storing the puppets and now I have been honored to attend many delightful performances!
A perfect reading area.  There's a similar one on the other side.
Welcome to the Mobley Cafe and Grocery!
This is where all the yummy food is prepared.
Every cook needs a pretty apron!
The checkout!

Afternoon tea?


And now for a trip into the humungous walk-in closet.  The girls like to call this the castle treasury!

A wardrobe fit for a princess (or two!)

More dress-ups.
I moved the games and puzzles from the downstairs linen closet up here.



This is one view of the upstairs bathroom.  I found this stool on clearance at Target (after striking out at the thrift stores) and even put it together myself:)

This is a view of the rest of the bathroom.  That's our cat, Sarah, with the crazy eyes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment