Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Not Pretty But Functional

I can now attest to the fact that boys are messier than girls.  Period.  Even though I mostly spoon-feed these guys, food gets everywhere. On the forehead. In the ear. Everywhere!  Quickly, I realized one bib per boy was just not going to cut it!  Then, I saw that someone transformed a waterproof bag into a really cute bib.  Inspiration!  I dug out my stash of bags.  Alas, not one was waterproof.  Disappointed but not discouraged, I remembered the big stash of old, worn cloth diapers sitting in the laundry room awaiting their fate as cleaning rags.  Perfect bib material!  I just cut a curve for the neck and then sewed ties on using some extra fabric I had from curtains.  Voila!  I realize these are not going to win any awards for either cuteness or stitchery, but, hey, they are functional!  Plus, a cute bib might detract from the cute faces anyways:)

No comments:

Post a Comment