Sunday, November 3, 2013

October's Goal: Learn to Make a New Dessert


My goal for the month of October was really vague--learn to make a new dessert. Cake pops are everywhere these days, so I figured it was time I learn how to make them. Plus, I thought Mary and Maggie would have a lot of fun making cake pops. I opted for the easy route and used boxed cake mix and canned frosting. I know, can I really say that I "made" them???  Anyways, I had trouble following the recipe for "easy cake pops" because Albertson's didn't have lollipop sticks or candy melts.  I subbed popsicle craft sticks for the lollipop sticks and dolci frutta for the candy melts. I also didn't buy enough dolci frutta, so I ended up using the remaining frosting for some of the cake pops. They came out looking more mushroom-shaped than round and there were a few casualties, but they received rave reviews!  Next time, I will skip the cake mix and frosting and use lollipop sticks and candy melts.  October's goal is complete!

1 comment:

  1. To paraphrase the duck routine, if it looks good, if it smells good and if it tastes good...THEN IT MUST BE GOOD. Look forward to tasting some of those.

    ReplyDelete