Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

 


Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! This year, my heart is especially full with gratitude for many special people in my life, one for each day of the month of November:

  1. My Savior, Jesus Christ--for suffering in my place on the cross. 
  2. My husband, David--for being a loving and faithful husband, who has stuck by me in all kinds of weather, truly he is the best thing that has happened to me apart from trusting in Jesus to be my Lord and Savior! 
  3. Mary--for her love for reading and amazing memory. 
  4. Maggie--for her cheerfulness at the break of day and eagerness to be my helper. 
  5. Matthew--for his love of anything that has a motor. 
  6. Jonathan--for being strong and boisterous and soft and cuddly all at the same time. 
  7. Josiah--for being the social butterfly of the family. 
  8. My mother-in-law Ann--for taking the girls dress shopping regularly. 
  9. My father-in-law Bob--for always supplying us with plenty of wine. 
  10. My brother-in-law Luke--for taking amazing photos of our kids. 
  11. My mom--for showing me by her example how to serve others. 
  12. My dad--for teaching me all about football. 
  13. My stepmom--for teaching me to send thank you cards. 
  14. Pastor Peter--for faithfully preaching God's word every week and being such an approachable authority in my life. 
  15. Mama Esther--for always encouraging me to love God, my husband, and my children. 
  16. My sister Alicia--for her love for hair, make-up and fashion. 
  17. Kelly--for encouraging me to be a more fit Mama. 
  18. Lin--for encouraging me to clean my BOB and iron my husband's clothes. 
  19. Esther--for being such an amazing hostess even when she has a newborn! 
  20. Laura--for being such a support and encouragement to me in my homeschooling endeavors. 
  21. Loro--for encouraging me to be more unflappable. 
  22. Sharon--for encouraging me to be a more loving and encouraging wife. 
  23. SOW Teachers--for faithfully serving week after week and teaching my children about God. 
  24. Pastor Chad--for teaching me about forgiveness and loving those who hurt you. 
  25. Pastor Matthew--for being the first to proclaim the whole counsel of God to me. 
  26. Pastor Mark--for his godly wisdom that surpasses his years. 
  27. Elder Joe--for faithfully leading worship every week with substantive praise songs. 
  28. Paul--for hysterical threads on Facebook. 
  29. Coach Jeff--for being the most patient and encouraging soccer coach ever!
  30. Our neighbors, the Mills--for being great friends and playmates.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful list of Thanksgiving! Giving thanks for your friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really have the meaning of Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete