Sunday, March 17, 2013

Spinach Quiche

Since we started getting our produce from a local farm, the menu at the Mobleys has changed a bit.  I'm starting to branch out a little more.  Last night, I tried a new spinach quiche recipe that is a keeper!  Everyone liked at least part of the quiche--my picky eater favored the crust and cheese, but I think a bite or two of spinach may have found its way into her belly, too!  I found the original recipe at www.epicurious.com, but of course, I had to vary it!




Ingredients:
2 pie crusts (either homemade or store-bought)
2 T butter
1 large onion (Costco size)
1 T bottled minced garlic
1 big bunch of fresh spinach (CSA box size)
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
12 eggs
1 cup cottage cheese
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper

  1. Melt butter in skillet. Add onion and garlic and saute. Add spinach and cook until tender.
  2. Grate cheddar cheese and divide among pie crusts.
  3. Top with spinach mixture.
  4. Beat eggs, cottage cheese, salt, and pepper and pour over spinach mixture.
  5. Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes or until done.
This is delicious without any additional condiments, but I added Tony's to mine.  After all, some people say that spicy food is for helpful for kicking labor into gear!

P.S.  Sorry about the lack of picture, but I really didn't know it was going to be so good!

2 comments:

  1. Our CSA started back last week and we have spinach so I'll have to try this recipe out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really great. I will have to make it for the next pot luck dinner.

    ReplyDelete