Saturday, March 2, 2013

Happy Birthday to the Male Mobleys!

Today was the male Mobley birthday celebration! Matthew and Jonathan turned two today, and David turns 34 on Thursday.  We had a small family celebration with chocolate cake and presents!
Two things make Matthew and Jonathan very happy: chocolate and trucks!
I made a Texas Sheet Cake with chocolate frosting and attempted a blue truck decoration.  The cake received the highest praise from Mary, who said, "Mama, this is the best cake I have ever had!"  I think I'll make it again sometime:)
Matthew was really happy with his cake.
Jonathan was happy but didn't really try his cake until he finished his milk!
The red tricycle has been a hot item and the source of much contention, so I found one just like it on Craig's List for a joint birthday present!  Now, we have two red tricycles!  Thanks Gramps and Grams and Grandma Nancy.  There was no fighting over the red tricycle today!!!!
Mary made David this beautiful eagle for his birthday out of pieces left over from our symmetry lesson.  Totally her idea!
We also bought David one of his favorite cheeses at Costco: Dubliner!
Also from Costco a new white polo shirt.  We got lots of chuckles from fellow shoppers as I was trying to gently steer the girls away from the pink, purple and neon green options!  I finally promised to keep the receipt and tell David about the different color options and offer to exchange it for a different color if he would like!  I think he's going to stick with white!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like all the males had a Happy Birthday! I like the eagle Mary made, very creative. Dubliner's cheese is mm-mm good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish we could have been there. It looks like a good time with good cake. Loved the photos.

    ReplyDelete