Saturday, December 29, 2012

Review of My Goals for 2012

Since the end of 2012 is drawing near, I thought it was time that I review the goals I set for 2012 before I set new goals for 2013.  Much to my surprise, I actually completed most of my goals for 2012, in spite of the unanticipated busyness that arose:  David began interviewing for positions elsewhere (a year earlier than planned); we put our New Orleans home on the market; we moved across the country; we moved locally; and I got pregnant with Baby #5.  It's been a very busy year, so I did not achieve all of the goals I set for 2012:( 
  1. Craft a mission statement for the Mobley Homeschool.  Completed!
  2. Make homemade bath salts and/or soap.  Well, I made zero progress on this and it's just not a priority to me right now.  Maybe someday in the future...
  3. Read a book to Matthew and Jonathan every day.  I can't say this happened every day, but I really did try to read to the boys often.
  4. Lose enough weight to fit into my non-maternity jeans.  I am considering this goal completed, although I think my non-maternity jeans fit for less than a month before I got pregnant again.
  5. Teach Maggie to read.  While she is not a fluent reader, Maggie has made great strides in her reading!  She enjoys reading me bedtime stories:)
  6. Read Romans: The Gospel Freedom by P.G. Mathew.  I had to put this book on hold, but I do really hope to finish it soon.
  7. Help Mary and Maggie finish memorizing the 25 Scripture passages from our Advent Jesse Tree devotions.  Completed.
  8. Read The Valley of Vision by Arthur Bennett.  I AM going to finish this in 2013.
  9. Guide Mary in her first big savings goal: getting her ears pierced.  Completed.
  10. Teach Mary and Maggie to sign the alphabet.  Completed.
  11. Plan some meaningful Easter activities to teach the children about Jesus' death and resurrection.  (I'll welcome any suggestions any of you have!)  This kind of happened really last minute, but we did do some meaningful Easter activities in 2012.
  12. Put all of David's summer salary (after tithing 10%) towards paying down the principal on our house.  We did this until we realized we would be moving to California.  We are still committed to living frugally and paying down our mortgage as quickly as we can.
So, that's that.  I am eating my humble pie now and hope to post my new goals for 2013 tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. You did a good job Maura. You had some lofty goals there. Funny, I was just thinking yesterday about the goals you set and your progress on them. I will make a few myself this year. I think one of them will be to get my ears pierced. LOL

    ReplyDelete