Sunday, May 19, 2013

Maggie's Earrings!

It's official: my Maggie is growing up! A few weeks ago, we all took a trip to Claire's, and she got her ears pierced! Not only that, but she even paid for it herself! While there were many different earrings that could be used for the piercing, we encouraged her to choose one of the $20 options, which included balls and stars, either in silver or gold. Although she really, really wanted the $40 Hello Kitty earrings, she settled on the gold stars.  To help her arrive at this decision, I had to pull out the "stars, balls, or nothing" strategy.  It worked, whew!  Maggie is such a girly girl, she frequently asks me if her earrings make her look beautiful.  She is also very conscientious about caring for them and reminds me to clean her ears after breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

In this picture, she is also trying to show you her two wiggly teeth, too. Sigh...she really is growing up!

Now, thinking about the ear piercings: Mary was almost six when she got her ears pierced; Maggie's 4 1/2, so I guess I'll be taking Matthew and Jonathan to get theirs done this fall. Ha, ha...just joking, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be a big help Maura. I'll take the boys to get their ears pierced. That Maggie is so cute and adorable. Good photo.

    ReplyDelete