Friday, November 16, 2012

Give Thanks to the Lord

I think Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday.  It is an annual reminder to me to give thanks to the Lord for the many, many undeserved blessings that I have all because of his mercy and grace to me.  (Plus, I really, really, really love turkey and cranberry sauce!)  This year, I am thankful for the following:
  1. Salvation in Jesus Christ--a free and undeserved gift of God!
  2. The Bible--God's love letter to His children!
  3. My husband, David.  He is my best friend, a faithful husband and loving father. 
  4. My daughter Mary. She is a joy to teach because she loves to learn so many different things.  She is also a capable assistant, able to get toothbrushes ready, skidaddle her brothers, fetch things, etc!  I don't know what I would do without her!
  5. My daughter Maggie. I love her extra dose of cheerfulness each and every morning.
  6. My son Matthew.  He has a persistent drive to figure things out.
  7. My son Jonathan. His curiosity is constantly getting him into precarious situations.
  8. My sister, Aunt Alicia.  She has taught my girls the importance of accessories, lip gloss, nail polish and fancy dresses!
  9. My brother in law, Uncle Luke.  Not only is he the funnest uncle around, but he also takes wonderful photos of my children!
  10. River Springs Charter School and the opportunity to homeschool my children!
  11. Paying less than $4 a gallon for gas!
  12. Berean Community Church: I am so thankful for the pastors who proclaim God's truth, for the Sunday School teachers and nursery workers who teach our children about God and his ways, and for the members who serve one another in love!
  13. A one-story house!
  14. Being able to walk into another room at night without fear of cockroaches!
  15. Hand-me-downs.  To all those who have given us clothes over the years, thank you, thank you and thank you!  You have saved us bundles of money and hours of frustration (did I mention how much I loathe shopping?)!
  16. Costco.  I love buying in bulk, and I especially love the two-seater shopping carts!
  17. South Coast Midwifery.  I am so excited for the opportunity to birth Baby #5 at home!
  18. In-N-Out, the best fast food burger around (and the shakes aren't bad either)! 
  19. Our van that theoretically seats eight!
  20. My family for tolerating my cooking!
  21. Sonic Happy Hour drinks: Coke Zero with Cherry Flavor is the best!
  22. Amazon and Free Super-Saver Shipping!
  23. My Bob double jogging stroller--the best baby purchase we ever made!  The front wheel swivels or locks; it folds easily; it fits through standard doorframes.
  24. A virtually bugless existence in Irvine!  No need for the Therapik here!
  25. Read-aloud time with my kids!
  26. The local public library, even if they do give me funny looks when I check out about 20 books at a time! 
  27. My bread machine--homemade bread each and every morning!
  28. When I'm not pregnant, my espresso machine and peppermint creamer!
  29. Dark chocolate.
  30. Visits from grandparents--a kind of staycation for exhausted parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment