Saturday, September 1, 2012

Picture Books: Froggy Goes to the Doctor

I know it has been a really long time since I have posted about any books we have been reading.  Honest, we have still been reading a plethora of books.  We have really been enjoying visiting our local library every week. There is a huge well-organized children's section and really helpful staff.  We have even been able to participate in two summer reading programs since our arrival here.  In spite of the noise that comes with twin boys in a stroller, I think we have won the favor of the librarians since we check out so many books every week:)

One day, Maggie picked a Froggy book off of the shelf and asked if we could borrow it.  She enjoyed it so much that we have been reading more of the Froggy series by Jonathan London.  Until we read Froggy Goes to the Doctor, I thought the books were ok but nothing spectactular.  But, oh my goodness, this one is so incredibly funny!  Funny like we were rolling on the floor laughing and had to take a break to get all the giggles out.  When David came home from work, I asked him to read it also.  The book had the same effect on him!  All I can say about the story is exactly what is revealed by the title: This book is about Froggy going to the doctor for a check-up.  If I say one more more, I fear the hilarity rating will be adversely affected.  This one is worth reading, but you should definitely visit the restroom beforehand!!

No comments:

Post a Comment