Sunday, December 28, 2014

2014 Goals Assessment



Way back in December 2013, I set 12 goals for 2014.  Here's a recap of the crazy-ambitious goals I set for 2014 along with an assessment of where I am in completing them!
Run a 5K--I ran the New Year's Hustle and finished with a time of 26:20!  You can read my post here.

Make Danish pastries--Well, the girls and I really tried to make these, but they were a big fail.  We did NOT attempt them a second time!

Complete the chronological Bible reading plan--Since mostly giving up caffeine and sugar, I've been able to get up earlier and read my Bible more regularly, so I feel like the spirit behind this goal has been accomplished.  That said, I did not finish the chronological reading plan that I started.  Instead, I bought a one-year Bible and have been working my way through that.

Put together a 2013 photo book--Yippee, I conquered this one!

Potty train Matthew and Jonathan--This actually has not been the nightmarish experience that I was expecting, but I'm still only halfway there.  Jonathan has the potty-business down, well, at least during the day.  Matthew, on the other hand, has no interest in using the toilet yet.  He just does his business in his undies and continues playing.  We both got frustrated with this state of affairs and reverted to diapers.  

Get caught up on my periodical backlog--Check.

Open our home to someone from church at least once per month--Hmmm...well, I didn't really keep track, but I think we did this!  

Learn how to crochet--I did work really hard at this for a while but, eventually, I gave up:(

Build a unit for the laundry room to organize jackets, shoes, and bags--Well, this totally snowballed into an expensive entryway project requiring an experienced carpenter, but it is completed!  You can read about it here.

Learn computer programming in JavaScript faster than Mary--I think it's accurate to say that I learned JavaScript faster than Mary, but I am nowhere close to being proficient at JavaScript.

Read Life Skills for Kids--Ah, I'm going to add this book to my unfinished reads book.

Find out David's answers to Pastor Peter's 39 questions--This one was super-fun and was accomplished quickly and easily!

So, now that my 2014 goals assessment is complete, I'm ready to start thinking about what goals I would like to set for 2015!  

1 comment:

  1. I think you did pretty good considering you are working on these goals in between some very important priorities like raising five young'ins, cooking for them, cleaning, etc. After reading them, I'm so tired I need to go take a nap.

    ReplyDelete