Sunday, August 25, 2013

Update on 2013 Goals

Just when I was feeling pretty accomplished in the goal achievement department, I fell behind!  My goal for July was to revamp our Christmas devotions.  It's now almost the end of August and my progress is still hovering at zero percent!  Why did I let this happen???  No good reason!

Lame Excuse #1: I was too busy deep-cleaning the house.
Lame Excuse #2: I was too busy shoveling road base and transporting retaining wall caps and pavers.
Lame Excuse #3: I was too busy feeding Josiah, who has yet to realize the benefits of sleeping at night.
Lame Excuse #4: I was too busy playing Scrabble with Mary.
Lame Excuse #5: I was too busy playing Imaginets with Maggie.
Lame Excuse #6: I was too busy cleaning up after my two tornadoes.
Lame Excuse #7: I was too busy planning our school year.
Lame Excuse #8: I was too busy watching Call the Midwife.
Lame Excuse #9: I was too busy comparing the Vitamix to the Blendtec.
Lame Excuse #10: I forgot.

My goal for August was to go through The Child's First Catechism with Mary and Maggie.  We started going through the questions and answers at the beginning of the summer but somehow ran out of steam.  I am ready to pick it up again this week!  

I was feeling pretty crummy about my progress, but then I noticed that my goal for September was to transfer Matthew and Jonathan to toddler beds.  YAY!  This goal, which I totally forgot about, has been completed for some time now!  The transition has not exactly been smooth sailing, but I think we finally have things figured out.  Nighttime usually goes really well, but naptime is tricky.  Left to themselves, the boys will talk to each other for a long time, like two hours, and then eventually fall asleep.  Then, they wake up groggy and famished and really, really grumpy!  So, I have found that it works best if I bring a book I am reading into their room and read silently until they fall asleep.  Whatever works, right?  

1 comment:

  1. I don't think those are lame excuses. It is not as if you were sitting at the computer playing video games or chit chatting for hours on the phone.

    ReplyDelete